The Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture (CISH) was initially set up as Central Mango Research Station in the home land of world famous Dashehari variety of mango on 4th September, 1972 under the aegis of the Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bangalore. On 1st June, 1984, it was upgraded to the level of a full-fledged Institute and named as Central Institute of Horticulture for Northern Plains. It was renamed as Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture (CISH) on 14th June, 1995 for carrying out research work on various aspects of subtropical fruits like mango, guava, papaya, and litchi, etc. Aonla, bael and jamun were also added in its mandate. It is located at a distance of 25 kms from Lucknow on Lucknow-Hardoi Road at Rehmankhera in the vicinity of Kakori and Malihabad, the famous mango belt of Uttar Pradesh.Its experimental farms are spread over an area of 132.5 ha. comprising 4 blocks (block 1-15.5 ha. block-II-35.5 ha, block III-37.42 ha and block IV-44.18 ha) located at Rehmankhera. Its other campus comprising 13.2 ha is located at Lucknow-Raebareli Road where, besides facilities for training and nursery staff quarters are also housed.
Current Jobs at Central Institute For Subtropical Horticulture
|Job Title||Location||Posted Date|
|Vacancy For Senior Research Fellow In CISH||Lucknow,Uttar Pradesh||May 27, 2014|
- Genuine Jobs: All posted jobs are activated only after checking employer genuinity
- Govt. Jobs: Access over thousand's of Govt./Semi Govt. Jobs
- SMS verification: Verify your contact & leap ahead of others
- We're Safe: We do not share your Personal data with any third-party
- Set Notification: Set Email alerts the way you want anytime, anywhere.